General ManagerGeneral Manager message
Nazir Ahmed Chishti
To ease the rush at Karachi Sea Ports, the government decided to set up a chain of upcountry dry ports to provide the custom clearance facilities at the door step of exporters/importers. Faisalabad Dry Port started its operation on experimental basis on 1st January 1994 and by the passage of time, the volume of the export/import cargo containers crossed 33000 export containers and 5500 import containers per annum but due to present crisis and shut out of gas and electricity, the industrial production suffered a lot during the last 2 years resultantly there was a decrease of cargo at dry port.
Faisalabad Dry Port was sanctioned in 1990 during the 1st tenure of Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto (Shaheed) who also inaugurated the project in 14-04-1994 as the then Prime Minister.
I am pleased to lay down hereunder some salient features of Faisalabad Dry Port performance:
- There is a qualitative improvement in service being rendered at Faisalabad Dry Port.
- Cargo is expeditiously cleared by customs at this dry port without unloading it from vehicles and the custom clearance process is completed within 2 hours.
- We have achieved the object for quality service to our clients and a constant contribution in promoting economic activities.
- Faisalabad Dry Port is certified under ISO and C-TPAT (Customs and Trade Participation Against Terrorism).
- We have provided online tracking facility to our customers by installing trackers in our registered vehicles. The exporters/importers could track the exact location of their enroute cargo by using our websitewww.faisalabaddryport.com.
- Faisalabad Dry Port is operating round the clock to handle the export/import cargo.
- A modern custom testing laboratory at Faisalabad Dry Port is destined to carry all sort of tests of the exportable goods.
- Faisalabad Dry Port has a fleet of vehicles owned by our registered transporters to carry the export/import cargo to and from Faisalabad Dry Port.
- The Pakistan Revenue Automation Limited (PRAL) has also established its office at Faisalabad Dry Port to evaluate the customs duty and automation of import/export data of customs.
- There were only 1 Dozen exporters in Faisalabad Region but after the inception of Faisalabad Dry Port, their number has now been risen to 500.
Nazir Ahmed Chishti
Faisalabad Dry Port